Chef Jorge’s Eggs Benedict Recipe
This is a great American breakfast dish for any special occasion…
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
yield 2 orders
2 each English muffin
2 tsp butter, room temperature
4 each poached egg
4 slices (2 oz. each) Canadian bacon
6 oz. hollandaise sauce (see below)
12 oz. breakfast potatoes or hash browns cooked any style.
for the Hollandaise Sauce
4 oz. cold water
6 oz. egg yolks pasteurized
18oz. butter (clarified)
2 tsp. lemon juice, fresh
¼ tsp. salt, kosher
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper or tabasco hot sauce
1. Split English muffins in half lengthwise and apply butter on each interior side. Place butter side down on a heated skillet until muffins are toasted and golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, warm the Canadian bacon on same skillet until golden brown.
3. Place English muffins with the toasted side up on a serving plate and on top of each with a slice of Canadian bacon.
Making Hollandaise Sauce:
1. Place pasteurized egg yolks in a stainless steel bowl and gently whisk in the water.
2. Gently place the bowl with the egg and water mixture over a simmering pot of water.
3. Whip yolks until the yolks thicken and have a frothy, loose consistency.
4. Be careful not to overheat as the eggs will scramble.
5. Gradually add the clarified butter into the egg and water mixture while whipping continuously. Add the lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
6. Store in a clean container and cover until served.
Allergens: eggs, milk