Shrimp Linguine Pasta with Infused Lemon Oil
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
yield: 4 to 6 servings
for the Infused Oil
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested
Small pinch fresh basil, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
for the Pasta
1 lb. linguine pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, diced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
16oz. = 1 lb. 16-20 P&D fresh black tiger shrimp (may substitute frozen)
¼ cup lemon juice, about (2 lemons squeezed)
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
3oz. baby arugula (about 3 packed cups)
1. For the lemon infused oil: Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, basil and garlic in a small bowl and reserve.
For the pasta:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite (about 8 to 10 minutes). Stir occasionally.
3. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid
4. Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook until opaque or pinkish color.
5. About 5 minutes, add the cooked linguine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt & pepper, toss to combine. Turn off the heat and add the arugula.
6. Using a mesh sieve or colander, strain the lemon zest and basil out of the reserved infused oil and add to the pasta. The zest and basil can be discarded. Add some of the cooking water to desired consistency. Add the chopped parsley to the pasta and toss.
Chef’s Tip: Enjoy with some grated parmesan cheese, crushed red chili flakes for a nice kick and a side of garlic bread of your choice
Allergens: Eggs, Shellfish