Vegetable Rigatoni Recipe
This Italian rigatoni pasta dish is an Italian favorite in all regions but most particularly in the middle and south of Italy and now very popular at the Nines Restaurant.
cook and prep time: 30 minutes
Allergens: Gluten, Lactose, Yeast
Critical Details: The weight of pasta is for blanched rigatoni, not dry. Do not over cook the pasta, it should still be very firm after blanching so it can finish cooking in the sauce.
1 tsp. Olive oil
3 oz. Sliced mushrooms
3 ea. Artichoke hearts cut into quarters
½ tsp. Minced fresh garlic
1 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
4 fluid oz. Vegetable stock
7 oz. blanched rigatoni pasta (For vegan use plant base pasta)
1 oz. butter
1 to taste kosher salt
1 to taste ground black pepper
1oz. baby clipped spinach
½ oz. minced shallots
¼ tsp. chopped fresh parsley
½ lemon juiced and seeded
1 oz. shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
1. In a sautee pan heat oil over medium high. Add mushrooms, garlic, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and vegetable stock.
2. Cook until stock is reduced by half between 4 and 5 minutes.
3. Add the blanched rigatoni and cook, tossing, until heated through.
4. Toss in butter until melted. Season with salt & pepper.
5. Fold in spinach, shallots, and parsley transfer to serving bowl. Top with parmesan cheese.
(For Vegan substitute: Plant-based pasta and remove butter)
(For a spicy twist, you can dice 1 serrano pepper deveined and seeded)